The Export Council of Australia (ECA) with Partners, ANZ, and content providers, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers, have today launched their FTA Tool, a website for Australian exporters that simplifies the use of the 10 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) signed between Australia and other nations.
The new "FTA Tool is designed to help Australian exporters navigate the basics of Australia's FTAs quickly and easily. View the site here.
The FTA Tool also provides:
- Information on doing international business,
- Links to a range of resources,
- Handy video tutorials on a variety of topics, including the Harmonised Code system and applying for certificates of origin.
The ECA believes that making FTAs accessible to all business, irrespective of size, is a step in the right direction.
While not intended to be a definitive guide, the FTA Tool website provides easy to understand information on the tariffs and non-tariff benefits that apply to a range of goods and services across most industry sectors, focusing on Australia’s primary exports to particular markets.
The FTA Tool will allow you to:
- Search by FTA for information,
- Search by country for information,
- Search by industry for specific information,
- Search for information that is relevant to services exports,
- Search for information on the indirect benefits that FTA's provide,
- Search for top tips on doing business in each country.
The FTA Tool site goes some way towards simplifying FTAs for SMEs and will serve as a gateway to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s proposed FTA Dashboard, slated for development later this year.
ANZ Managing Director of Corporate and Commercial Banking Mark Hand said: "Australia’s FTAs provide enormous opportunities not only for our exporters, but also industries requiring international investment. Together with our recently launched $3 billion Trade Lending Pledge and presence in 34 markets, ANZ is committed to supporting businesses realise the potential benefits offered by these agreements."
Now live at www.ftatool.com.au, the FTA Tool website promises to be a valuable resource for Australia’s exporters.
For further information please contact Collins Rex at email@example.com