Western Australian restaurants that have developed an outstanding wine list and excel in wine service have been recognised as part of the Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA) 2015 WA Wine List Awards.
R&CA, the peak industry association representing the café, restaurant and catering sector has partnered with Wines of Western Australia to deliver the WA Wine List Awards.
The winning restaurateurs, which were announced today at Bathers Beach House in Fremantle include:
- Hotel / Motel / Pub / Club / Resort Wine List: The Terrace Hotel, Perth
- Informal Dining Restaurant - Small Wine List: Rustico Tapas & Wine Bar, Rockingham Beach
- Restaurant Wine List – Extensive: The Old Brewery, Perth
- Restaurant Wine List – Comprehensive: Redmanna Waterfront Restaurant, Mandurah
- Small Bar Wine List: Amphoras Bar, West Perth
- Best Regional Wine List Featuring WA Wines: Mojo’s Restaurant, Bunbury
- Best Metropolitan Wine List Featuring WA Wines: The Terrace Hotel, Perth
R&CA CEO John Hart says the inaugural event is a great way to showcase WA wines and support local restaurants – with nine sensational wine regions producing their own distinctive tastes.
We know international visitors crave local food and wine experiences – this is a great way to reward those businesses that focus on showcasing WA wines on their wine lists," said Mr Hart.
Wines of WA CEO Larry Jorgensen is happy to see great local support of the event, which was demonstrated with a solid number of WA wineries holding tastings this afternoon.
"The WA Wine List awards is clearly a success and it’s great to work with R&CA to help ensure this fantastic event continues for years to come," said Mr Jorgensen.
The WA Wine List Awards are judged on a comprehensive list of criteria.
Chief Executive Officer
Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA)